Show your cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am putting 2 of my boysi n this cage tonight. Large Tommy Cage

My two neutered boys like to sleep alot more, and my 3 intact males don't! also I think the big boy cage I have is too small for all 5 of them.

I got my Kritter Koncept Kage about 1 week ago :) :dance: :dance: :happydance: :happydance:

here's the page for the cages on their website:
http://kritterkoncepts.net/store/index. ... cPath=2_12

this company actually makes Ferret cages, they are not designed with rats in mind. This is why the latters are steeper and the original spacing is 2"x1", but as you can see, it can be customized easily. :thumbup:

I paid $215 for the cage after everything was said and done,and that included shipping by Fedex. :laugh4:

I put it together by myself, it was super easy
I used the provided "c" clips with the tool and it took me about 1 hour or so from unpacking it to having it done.

it came already partly pre-assembled, I had to attach the back, the floor and then attach the shelves to the back.
the covering for the shelves and floor is very similar to linoleum and I was pleasantly surprised to see how flexible it was, very easy to take it in and out for cleaning.

cage size is 48" long x 24" wide x 36" tall. door opening is 18" wide x 30" tall, its very large and it makes it easy to "get into" the cage.
both shelves are 15" wide x 24" long.
spacing is 1"x1" for the walls but the floor, shelves and stairs are 1/2"x1"
I :heart: the grand staircase!

it is pretty much the same size as a FN/CN (36"x25"x50" tall) but sideways, mine is 48"x24"x36", so 2" difference.
I keep looking at it and I am going "wow"! that's a nice big cage!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Kritter Koncepts was a real pleasure to work it, answered all my questions promptly, let me know when the cage was ready to be shipped, sent me an invoice with tracking etc... really , no worries whatsoever,
I ordered the cage Friday and it got here Wednesday, Which I think is PRETTY AWESOME considering that they had to build this cage from scratch because of my request for the 1"x1" spacing.
I HIGHLY recommend them! :thumbup:

when it was done putting together, but still empty:
10p1r1s.jpg

my 1st set up:

2zqeagp.jpg

2u8l17a.jpg

28qyhjn.jpg

the girls were really excited, I could tell by how they were acting! they were going all over the place!! it took a few minutes for them to go upstairs but once they figured that out, they were going up and down and then going back and forth between the 2 sides.
They are already enjoying climbing on all the walls too!

yes, the grand staircase is little steep but even little biscuit has no problem with it so I don't think I'm going to worry about it, after all, they climb walls!!

this week's set up, with a few additions:
azarr8.jpg

I will need more rat stuff, that thing is HUGE!!! :giggle: :giggle:

New cage set up yet again, and another cage (for Toby & Hunter)

Oscar, Teddy & Bruno's Cage

IMG_4287-1.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

Toby & Hunter's Cage

IMG_4295-1.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

Girls Cage

IMG_4273.jpg

IMG_4294-1.jpg

IMG_4293-1.jpg

IMG_4292-1.jpg

IMG_4291-1.jpg

IMG_4290-1.jpg

IMG_4289-1.jpg

IMG_4288-1.jpg

WOW~ Those Kritter Koncept Kages are soooo pretty! >.< And you did an awesome job filling it up too! I LOVE how the shelves are already solid...

not sure if conversation is aloud but thanks for the compliment on the kritter koncept cage :) :)
the shelves are wire but they are including the coverage for it, similar to linoleum. I am VERY pleased with the cage! :thumbup:

Great cages guys!

Here's my main cage...I was supposed to sell my other cages when I had this one custom built but I kept them all LOL! I have room for *way* too many rats!

My ratties love their custom cage, each section is 1200x600x450 and the top two and bottom two are linked with external tubing. There's more photos and detail on it here http://sunshinerats.com/cages-for-rats.php

cage_front.jpg

And here's a couple of my old wire cages
old_cage.jpg

Yanglicious said:
My cage came with a removable grid base, so I cut a hole in it now, since it is useless staying around, and now it's a 2nd level !

DSCF7158_400x300.jpg

DSCF7159_400x300.jpg

&& The cage .

DSCF7161_300x400.jpg

DSCF7162_400x300.jpg

DSCF7163_400x300.jpg

DSCF7164_400x300.jpg

DSCF7165_400x300.jpg

DSCF7166_400x300.jpg

DSCF7167_400x300.jpg

DSCF7168_400x300.jpg

:thumbup:

What's the squares that are on top of the blankets?

Nice Cage Smexrat :)

I put some new stuff in the cages this week, here's some pictures

Girls
CAge2.jpg

Teddy, Oscar & Bruno
Cage3.jpg

Hunter & Toby
Cage1.jpg

My old cage, I'm getting the same one as soon as I get ready for some new ratties :dance: Exel brand, can hold up to 5 adult rats if the space is used right. 1/2inch spacing too!

It looks pretty open and not a lot in it but the girls loved it, here's the top
33dldl4.jpg

Here's the bottom with cage open
xlbdky.jpg

Here's it with the cage closed
j6pnau.jpg

the babies said they wanted to go home :p They always loved coming out but they knew where home was
16jhw1l.jpg

4llf0j.jpg

As of tonight. :D

I'm pleased Putting away the humidifier in the hall closet today and I found a bunch of cute little baskets. They are very girly and far from manly but I have a thing for giving them very girly looking things so it works for me. :D

I just need to get around to making them hammocks so they can have even more!

That's the only place it fits, sadly. :( I need to find myself a single-level FN so I have more room for these things. Haha.

...And get more cubes, thats the only one I've got.

Back