Show your cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky you RK. The pictures below are 2 minutes after I put my ratties back in the cage so now I have pans and bedding.

IMG_R0076-1.jpg

My Rosie chews EVERYTHING in seconds.
IMG_R0077.jpg

RKBusy, I love the way you have added the shelves and ramps so that even an elderly rat could negociate them. I am trying to figure out how to adapt a CN so that my guy with severe HED could get around better.

I just went through the last couple of pages on this thread, and I got some great inspiration! You guys are a creative lot, for sure.

abazoo, you gave me a brainwave..... why didn't I think of this before???? If I buy some extra shelves for my CN, I can put them across and a little above the exisiting ones, buy a couple more ramps, and make my cage senior friendly! I feel so bad for poor Bill, who just can't get up the ramp anymore. I am temporarily putting my oldies into a Martins 680 (their holiday cage), but I would rather they had the full use of their CN.

That's why I got the second set... it helped out my oldie who developed a tumor and couldn't get around as well.. she could still jump up that that little bit.

Gaaah! You guys are making me so jealous haha!
I cannot wait to get my CN or FN for my boys and get it all comfy and fun for them both.
On the bright side, I am getting some good ideas for when I do obtain said cage. :)

I just did a cage clean and realised that I hadnt posted pics of my cage in a while so here they are lol...

100_1358.jpg

100_1360.jpg

100_1361.jpg

:gaah: I hate that water dish with a passion I would never reccomend one if its not needed as they get sooo dirty and need to be changed 3+ times a day
Above (plastic bag holder) and below (some sort of netted hanging storage thing) are 2 of the best dollar store finds...my boys love them
100_1362.jpg

100_1364.jpg

big thanks to Megan and Chelle for cutting and sewing the massive tie dye pocket hammock for my old man

100_1365.jpg

Bottom

100_1366.jpg

Riley modelling his exercise ball bed

100_1367.jpg

What is it with rats and kleenex boxes?

100_1370.jpg

And a random one of my old man Joey :heart:

I wish I could afford a ferret nation! one day I will :)
Redecorating the cages tomorrow with new blankets, baskets attached to the cage as extra levels, bird ropes and more houses :)
I'll update with pics when its done !

smilez_n_hugs said:
Above (plastic bag holder) and below (some sort of netted hanging storage thing) are 2 of the best dollar store finds...my boys love them
100_1362.jpg
I have one of those, using it for me though but I've been meaning to go get more for the rats, I bet they love it.

Where do you guys get the metal shower hooks from?

pscychopomp said:
smilez_n_hugs said:
100_1362.jpg
I have one of those, using it for me though but I've been meaning to go get more for the rats, I bet they love it.

Where do you guys get the metal shower hooks from?
dollar store sweetums! in the shower/bathroom section!

Smilez, I recognise that CUBE!!!!
:thumbup:

Thank you, I hemmed and hawed looking at it on their website, I didn't know if it'd be enough room, but it looks spacious in your pictures, and considering there's only going to be one boy in there until he's neutered, its plenty of room! I know what to order now!

Back