Should my older boy be neautered?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenix.madley

I think i posted before, on how my older boy lost his friend. And become depressed! I got him a new friend with slow introductions. There has been no blood, or bites. But my older boy chases his cage mate. They have lived together for about 3 months now, and will even steal treats from him. Yet at the same time the next minute, they are cuddled together. My older boy Caius has had respiratory issues, and its ongoing he has been on baytril and when medication stops, the respiratory issues come back. So my issue is when taking him for a neuter be too stressful for him? Caius shows no aggression towards me of anykind. He had never been a cuddly rat mind you, but he loves coming out for treats. I have had him almost a year now!

As long as no blood, or fur flying, I wouldn't take him for a neuter. I got both of my boys neutered, and they still chase, and bounce on each other, and the girls, and the girls do it to the boys. Often I will hear squeaks and shrieks, but I also have two VERY dramatic girls! LOL

Back