Should I get another rat?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BathTimeToaster

Hello I have 3 boys, about three months old that came from the same breeder at the same time and have been together their whole lives, but I’ve noticed that two of them always leave the third out. He’s the smallest and not one of their brothers. The other two are bigger and brothers and the always cuddle together instead of with the third. They team up on him and sometimes push him off shelves and try to stay away from him for the most part. Would it be better to get the third a friend so they are in pairs?

If he doesn't seem to care about being left out and pushed around, then i wouldn't worry, he sadly is at the bottom of the pecking order and knows his place. If he seems sad or distressed though, I would definitely consider getting him a friend.

If he doesn't seem to care about being left out and pushed around, then i wouldn't worry, he sadly is at the bottom of the pecking order and knows his place. If he seems sad or distressed though, I would definitely consider getting him a friend.
Thanks for the advice! Like magic right after I posted this they started cuddling up to him and one of the others is grooming him right now, not aggressive kind, on the head! :) He has also warmed up to me a lot more too!

Back