Senior Maida

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trosit

Little Maida came to me 3 months ago after her sister passed. Her owner did not want her to be alone and at the age of 2 years and 8 months there was no getting another rat. My male rat, Gaston, loved her to bits! Would always find her and catch them together cuddling. Her back legs lost mobility and so the hammocks were hung right low. She always had a healthy appetite.

Last night I noticed her body temperature had dropped and she couldn't eat her favourite treat. I knew it was time. So I made her a blanket cave on my bed and put my hand beside her which she liked. When I woke up in the middle of the night I found she had made her way to my chest and had passed peacefully. 2 years and 11 months. I couldn't have asked for a better rat life for this tough lady. We love you, Maida. Play with your sister well.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so happy for Maida that she had such a wonderful life, and both of you that you were able to share such a gentle, peaceful passing.

Back