Self Barbering?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mixalot2009

My oldest rat Rocky has been having some issues with hair loss lately and I'm beginning to get concerned. it started towards his rump with no scabs so I figured it was just aggressive barbering and recently I've seen the hair on his front legs and chest has gone completely. There are no scabs at all so I don't think its mites but I have no Idea! my other three rats are fine expect one that had some scabs on his back but I think that was from a scuffle with our dominate male who can be rather aggressive at times (pulling ears, showing dominance, etc) any insight would be a great help. I will try and post pictures today of my boy later today. For reference i feed them a mixed diet (Kaytee Fiesta) and vegis every other day (peppers, carrots, apple, cabbage, Broccoli, etc)

There lots of flaky skin too. Could I be fungal?

Attachments

• 1105191657_HDR.jpg
    1105191657_HDR.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 1105191656_HDR.jpg
    1105191656_HDR.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 214
Barbering is really hard to stop, I've never figured out but it doesn't harm them either. Barbering can be due to any kind of stress, boredom, arousal... hard to pinpoint.

Back