Secret Pal Exchange~UPDATE did not receive gift? PAGE 29

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cait said:
Seriously?!

Why on earth is it taking this long... I'm so sorry Nikelrat!! :(

It's not your fault, Cait. The postal service must have been super busy therefore mistakes can happen and they might have lost the package. :undecided: They suck this year. :thumbdwn:

OK...I've already told mamarat what I got unglued - I'm going to go and get the same stuff and mail them off - that is SO unfair!!! I'm going to try to speak to someone at the Post Office too!

I'm remailing your gift unglued - so you'll get a Christmas in January!

Might want to give it a few more days Sheryl, seems the Post Office is a bit backed up.

There are a few letters I haven't even received from people stateside that have asked me that I know offline. Busy busy in the word of the mail evidently.

aw Sheryl, don't worry about it, I'll just forget about it and then when it comes it'll be a surprise!!

what if you re-ship and then I get doubles? just give it some time :)

So we are still waiting for packages to get sent to

Sheryl
Unglued
Nickelrat

???? OK next time I plan dates we will be way ahead of Christmas. Really sorry about this guys. :cry:

Just a suggestion. I know that it may be a little more expensive to mail but maybe the next time we do this we should send it certified that way you have a tracking number or I don't know maybe even FedX or UPS it may even be cheaper what with the postage being so high. I personally don't mind paying Fedx at least then I have a little more peace of mind. I do not trust the regular postal workers.

I don't understand why it costs so much to ship to you guys in Canada and vice versa. It's not like it has to go overseas or anything like that. I will do a quick price check with FedX and see what it would cost to ship to Canada and give an estimate to everyone. :wink:

I checked with FedX and to send a 10 lb package to Gatineau, QC (only zip code I had) from the USA ground (4 days) it would cost me $20.98.

And for someone in QC to ship to me would cost $24.29.

So that is not to bad really. It cost me $15 and some change to send my package for the Holiday card (it had a little something extra in it) and it weighed less than 2 lbs. by the regular mail and it got returned to me.

Melissa's ZOO said:
Just a suggestion. I know that it may be a little more expensive to mail but maybe the next time we do this we should send it certified that way you have a tracking number or I don't know maybe even FedX or UPS it may even be cheaper what with the postage being so high. I personally don't mind paying Fedx at least then I have a little more peace of mind. I do not trust the regular postal workers.

Unfortuantely in my case I did send it and got a tracking number... but I lost the reciept and now I can't track it. I'm so mad at myself it's unbelievable. :(

There are a couple of people at work who also sent packages that never arrived...that's just way to many of us and a huge percentage if you look at it that way. Could there be people stealing stuff?

Back