Searching for a home for 3 female rats ASAP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole121

Hi there, I am searching for a home for 3 female rats. Sadly we are moving to a smaller place and it’s unfair to have to downsize their cage for our needs. We are located in st.louis Missouri. If anyone knows of a rescue or someone who is interested that has experience with semi tame rats please let me know. I do not know genetics on them as they were feeder rats. They will come to you for treats, but we do not handle them, so they don’t really like that. We are needing to rehome them sooner rather than later as we are moving at the end of the month.

thank you!

I’m a little far away from you, but if you don’t find a home for them I might be able to work something out. I have two little girls who were rescued, and I suspect they were being sold as feeders. Or if you find a home for some but not others, I could introduce them to my girls.

I’m a little far away from you, but if you don’t find a home for them I might be able to work something out. I have two little girls who were rescued, and I suspect they were being sold as feeders. Or if you find a home for some but not others, I could introduce them to my girls.
Thank you for your response! Where are you located? At this time with work I am not able to travel. We are needing them to be rehomed by the end of the week. The only requirements I ask is that you have had rats before or have expirence with them and you have a vet that you use for your current rats. We have a vet here that we use.

We are in Ohio, about 9 hours away. We can make the drive, but not until I’m out of work. Will sometime Saturday work?
We currently have two little girls that we got from a rescue in April. They were classroom pets and when corona shut everything down they needed a home to take care of them. Some friends of mine have had rats before and they gave us a lot of good tips. They used to be bitey, but they love to cuddle with us now. They even ask to be picked up, or just climb on us when they want attention.
I have researched local vets, and the one that takes care of small animals won’t spay female rats, they only neuter male ones. With corona, I have been concerned about them coming into contact with extra germs so we haven’t taken them in for a basic check up yet. But I do know where to go if there are issues.
Would we need to bring a cage, or are you getting rid of the one you are keeping them in now because of space?
Is there a way to private message here for further details?

Back