Saying goodbye!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Allison

My Sonny passed away , while I was out of town on an emergency. He was my very first rat. I was expecting it, but you're never really ready for it. He was old and had respiratory problems.
Now I guess I'll have to introduce his cage mate Lestat (the vampire) my Dumbo Siamese rat, to my other two boys King Tut and Ramsey. I've been meaning to do this for quite a while but haven't since Sonny was up in age and King Tut & Ramsey are young and very playful.
How long should I give Lestat to grieve before I introduce the new cage mates?
Sonny you will be missed. I'll always remember you and love you.

So sorry for your loss! It sucks when they pass when you're not there. It was always a fear of mine, and I had one do it about a month ago. It's almost like a blessing that it didn't happen when you had to see it. If it was me, I'd start intros pretty quick. They could take a little bit, and you don't want him to be alone too long, and start to get depressed. Www.joinrats.com may have more info about it though.

So sorry for your loss! It sucks when they pass when you're not there. It was always a fear of mine, and I had one do it about a month ago. It's almost like a blessing that it didn't happen when you had to see it. If it was me, I'd start intros pretty quick. They could take a little bit, and you don't want him to be alone too long, and start to get depressed. Www.joinrats.com may have more info about it though.
Thanks so much. I'm still not home but I will have my daughter-in-law start introductions as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Back