Safe Leafy Greens/Veggies?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ChaoticEva

I seem to be having a difficult time finding my boys some veggies that they like to eat (they're also not a fan of fruits).

They LOVE broccoli and cucumber, but heard it isn't good to give too much, as it makes them quite gassy/bloated (hard to digest?)

They like tomatoes, spinach (though we don't give them any anymore, as we heard it can cause urinary issues), carrots etc.

I tired cilantro, parsley, basil : don't like.

They're also not a huge fan of fruits. We tried apples, pears, kiwi etc, and they're just not too interested.

Any tips? Any and all info would be VERY appreciated!

Thank you! :)

Mine love baby kale, broccoli, mixed greens, and arugula
They also get cooked squash, cooked sweet potato, organic carrots cut into carrot sticks, cooked carrots,
cooked grains and frozen/thawed peas
and some cooked turnip when I make them homemade soup

They have learned to like blueberries in their cooked real oatmeal
They like pieces of ripe banana, water melon, and will eat pieces of some types of apples (skin removed, no seeds, no core)

Hi

Mine are picky eaters too. I call them princesses. So far all they like are cooked sweet potato, kale and blueberries. They are getting bored of these. I have tried carrots, broccoli, strawberries, raspberries, bananas and cucumber to name a few.
I am going to try some organic baby food, I heard and read that works as well but keep an eye on sugar and protein levels.

I have picked my rats up a few times, and gotten little ratty farts, so I know if they eat foods that cause gas, they can pass it! I have had a couple who have done it more than others, or at least that I've heard/smelled, so I wouldn't worry too much about if it gives them a little bit of gas.

Back