Ryder - RIP - RESULTS ARE BACK

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The rescue I help out with is sending me a 7 month old male tonight or tomorrow who has a tumor on his neck apparently, we are going to bring him to Dr. D. for a consult about getting the tumor removed, but the rescue needs help in raising money for his surgery ..so I told them I would ask on here for some support. Once he arrives I will take pics and get more information ..right now I know very little. I will be making an appointment in a few days, once he is seen and I get the total cost of surgery I will let you guys know ..but please keep this little guy In mind.

Hi Renee, it might help if you also posted the rescue's name and link. I know for me personally, I like to keep the details of my donations. Also, where are donations to be made, paypal, EMT?

:wallbang: sorry Jo, I'm at work ..kinde of rushed!

The rescues address is:http://birdandsmallanimalrescue.webs.com/

Donations are to go to through:

My paypal: [email protected] or EMT: [email protected] ..since the vet is in town where I am located and the rescue is in Lethbridge.

I have given the rescue some care sheets on rats aswell :)

The appoitnment for consult is Tuesday at 2 pm, I will have the cost then.

The story is: A lady had two opps litters. Bought "two males" ..one got preg, she left dad in while giving birth and boom!

She has been tryign to find homes, she has 10 left+ 5 she's keeping (all female) ..the 10 she has left are male. The rescue has fosters for all of them, in pairs ..the tumor boy and another boy are coming here with me.
She never wanted to give them to the pet store, she had 30 all together, found homes for some. She contacted the rescue ;ast night.

They are living in tanks on pine with seeds

Also, not all neck tumours are even operable. If he's young and does indeed have a tumour, I would be wanting to know what kind of tumour it was before putting my rat through surgery. I wouldn't want to have a malignant tumour removed only to have it return within weeks.

know, I have a feeling it may be an abcess, I'll take pics tonight and We have the money for consult! No money will be needed until we get the quote.

Im picking all 10 up tonight and delivering them to fosters!

Vicotria: thats another thing, hence the apt before actually acepting money ..just wanted to give you a heads up. The lady said it looks like a scrtum is hung off his neck ...

Im kinda wishing this would have been early last week, then we could have worked something out to get two boys over here. Blah! Keep us updated on how everything goes hun! If I can figure out a way to help, I will!

Okay, back ..it was horrible ..there were 10 rats ..4 badgers, 6 smeezed/himi ..all in foster care now, we have two ..we named them Ryder (Tumor boy) and Badger ..both 7 months old.

Ryder
IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Badger
IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

That is a very big tumour on a very young rat. Sophie's tumour was in the same spot but half the size even though it had been growing for 5-6 months. I would make soft foods available for him as he likely has difficulty holding and eating hard foods.

Tuesday is the next day my vet is in, I'll have some idea on if it can be removed, etc ..if it can be removed it needs to be FAST ..but with no funds it's hard I am collecting recycables from all my family and friends, but its not enough.

Yes, they are donating some ..but this is a non profit rescue so they are unable to pay the whole cost ..they can hopefully make up what we don't raise ..but without my help they were not going to take him ..they cannot afford it ..but I could not leave this little boy. They get a 15 percent discount from Dr. D. and they are also trying to raise money, but we need to do it so fast :(

btw the tumor is not rock hard and feels not attached.

The lady said a couple of weeks, but she may have been lying because she did not want to pay the money to get it removed ..

IMG_0475.jpg

:heart: they melts my heart

I have only had one tumor removal before ..3 small ones on Hannah ..all 3 cost $200 in total. The rescue does get 15% discount ..Ill know the price on Tuesday.

Back