Roasted peanuts

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViciousCurse

I just bought a bag of unsalted, in-shell peanuts. They are not roasted, they are raw (I know, I had a brain fart lol). I looked up a recipe to roast the peanuts myself, do you think this will work fine for my rats? (All intact boys, ranging from 1yr-2.5yr, if applicable)
I was thinking that keeping the peanuts in the shell would be good mental stimulation for them, since they'll have to open it up to eat it :)

Recipe:
Put raw peanuts one layer deep in a shallow baking pan.
Roast at 350F (~177C) for 20-25min for in-shell peanuts. (15-20 for shelled peanuts).

Not my original recipe, it's from this recipe.

I think as long as they are cooked, it should be fine. Mine loved roasted peanuts in the Shell. I haven't done it in a long time....maybe I should...LOL

Yeah, my grandma got some unsalted pecan halves and unsalted brazil nuts as well. Maybe I looked in the wrong place, but I didn't see either nut listed on the food do's and don'ts on this forum. Google says those nuts are okay, but... Google also told me peanuts (uncooked) were safe :p

Back