RIP Latte

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Negoonus

Latte passed away this morning at the vets after a hard fight with a pituitary tumor. I would like to share the first day my wife and I met Latte to give everyone an idea of how special she was.

We went to a breeder to pick up a rat to add to our mischief. We arrived and the breeder brought out a bin with so many siamese rats. When the lid was opened, every rat stood on its hind legs like all rats do to get a good sniff. My wife let out an audible "eee" when she saw them. We both had no idea who or how we were going to choose, and if we could, we would of taken all of them. My wife put her hands in the bin to see who would be curious enough to meet her. One rat leapt into my wife's arms without so much as a thought. We knew that this rat was definitely a special one. On our way home with her, she was licking my wife's hands during the car ride home. We decided to name her Latte.

We are so grateful to have had such a gentle, kind, and brave spirit in our lives. She will always be remembered for her stumpy little run, burying her food dish with new toys she got, being the first rat to out of the cage to play, and for always greeting us by licking the tip of our noses. Thank you such Latte, we love you.

20200216_171631.jpg

PXL_20210710_162922792.jpg

20210318_091545.jpg

How is that comfortable? lol

PXL_20210414_020624153.jpg

RIP Latte.

My Peach just left us too. She was the same variety and suffered from the same illness. I hope they're both together and at peace now.

Back