Ring worm

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked with the vet on Thursday and we are not going to dip everybody - just the nakies. We also do not have to dip just apply with cottonball if we'd like. We are going to apply to all scaley tails and any questionable spots we see. Just going to hope the medication does the job.

Some of the "Boris" boys are showing tail lesions - agghhhh so they will need a dipping. We did have nail clippings from this group tested - which did grow the fungus.. The boys/girls are good at taking the meds except for afew.

I just got over a case on my arm. No one else ever got it. Although the doctor did say it could be contagious. Mine got infected cuz I went like 4 months before I could see a dermatologist and the people at Patient First didn't know what it was... Still have a dark circular patch on my arm from where it was...

I hope all goes well with the ratties!!

Thanks - I waited too long too and then was misdiagnosised for 3 months. The fungus a has to get through your skin to be contagious - through a cut or open area.

Back