rides with strangers, advice?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I want to attend a few politic things in my area and since I don't drive and there are no buses to a few of these places, I put out a request for rides

trouble is, only MEN have offered rides.
I don't take rides from strange men.
doesn't matter to me that I'm almost 60 and would not likely be of any interest to these guys (who, I can see from their FB profiles, are all younger than me)
Heck I can't imagine a man my age being interested either, I just don't trust men- and don't want to get in a car with a man I don't know

is this #1 unreasonable? (I doubt it will change what I do, even if it *is*)
and #2 how do I decline a ride from a man while still letting it be known that I need a ride, and want one from a woman?

I am still nervous getting into the car with woman I don't know, lol, who knows if she's a terrible driver or something but at least they're less threatening to me.

I want to attend a meeting at the state's capitol to protest the hunting of bobcats in our state
The other thing I'd need a ride to is a march for the presidential candidate I support (Bernie Sanders) but I may skip that, since I'd rather just hold a sign on the day of the election,
and I want to focus more on a group that is working for campaign finance reform and an amendment to the Constitution

what do you think?

Can you contact any groups and ask them if they know of anyone who night be able to give you a ride, and at the same time let them know that you would feel safer if the driver was a woman. I would make it known upfront that you are looking for a drive from a woman, that way you don't have to turn anyone down ..... I think most people would understand that a woman might feel unsafe getting a ride from a man they do not know.

I can try, but my only contact so far has been via FB.
There are a few women who have posted that they are going, I was hoping they'd see my post and offer,
but instead one of the few men who signed up to go, offered me a ride

heh, just my luck.
I'm not sure I can even handle the one for the Bobcats, being in the same room with ppl who hunt for sport, I think I might lose it and say stuff that would get me thrown out.
the very idea makes me ill.

Back