Rescued a Baby mouse

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangishPinkishBlue

Okay, didn't know where to post this.

First off, lookat it:
tumblr_mx7qqofCiz1qef7d6o1_400.jpg

Second off:

Questions. I PLANNED on releasing the little dude... But, I was going to do so far away from our house. And at first I didn't care- after all, wild mouse, righ? but then I saw the weather. We're suppose to get REALLY bad arctic fronts coming in and what if the little guy doesn't make a home quick enough. D:

So I'm going to keep him/her for a couple of days. BUT i need to know some things:

Diseases that I can get from it?
Diseases my rat can get from it?
Guessing its age?​

I dont know the first thing about mice or how to keep them until introducing them back into nature. But he sure is a cute little feller!

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully you will be able to release him close to where he is from.
A release shelter as Joanne mentioned sounds like a good idea.
Also Jorats might have some ideas as she has wild mice living outdoors in a protected area.
If mice are released into unfamiliar territory, the mice already living there will see them as invaders and kill them.

Lil' update on "Munchkin".

We're suppose to be getting 5 inches of snow tomorrow and I still have little one. He/she already knows how to drink out of a waterbottle and I think I may have spoiled it a bit TOO much. I swear he's put on a couple of grams :p. If it warms back up soon, I found the perfect spot. There's an old deer stand pillow that's rain rotted in the woods. It's about 2 inches into the ground and when we lifted it up, there's all sorts of old nuts and bugs. So, little one will have fun with that when I release him! :D

Back