Red stuff?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twilight

When I went in to check on my boy, I saw the blanket he was sleeping on had quite a bit of red stuff on it. It didn't look like blood at all, but I checked him anyway- he looked fine. I thought maybe it was porphyrin, but there was just so much on the blanket and I only put it there last night! Does anybody know what this is, or if I should be concerned?

Could be porphyrin from sneezing, peeing, etc. Next time can you post a pic of the blanket so we can see if its excessive porphryin or possibly blood? If its urine tinged with blood (pink) then it could be a urinary tract infection as well.

Could be porphyrin from sneezing, peeing, etc. Next time can you post a pic of the blanket so we can see if its excessive porphryin or possibly blood? If its urine tinged with blood (pink) then it could be a urinary tract infection as well.

5FE906CD-0B36-4266-825E-B149F9A4046D.jpeg
ADBA0054-3A41-4EFB-B8EC-93D7EA8BB897.jpeg

I put down several sheets of newspaper in his cage to shred just now (got some for free at the supermarket... LOL) and he peed a bit on it- I noticed it’s reddish, is this normal too?
9CF8D811-B854-4953-A53A-94AF620EDC4D.jpeg

Back