RED PENNIS

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oasisandbambi

Hello, can someone tell me what this is? Is it possible to treat at home ? I try not to take him to the vet unless absolutely necessary cuz he is so prone to stress and seizures.
If he needs medication can someone please tell me what he needs so I can make sure my vet gets him the right thing since they aren't very experienced with rats. ( I got to another more experienced vet 2 hours away for bigger issues but I get medication from this one right next to my house )
Also don't mind his nail, he got injured during a seizure. Thank you in advanced!

Attachments

• IMG_20191002_114836.jpg
    IMG_20191002_114836.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20191002_114840.jpg
    IMG_20191002_114840.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 147
I'm not very experienced at this, but maybe it's irritation from a pens plug? Has he been grooming himself like normal?

I'm not very experienced at this, but maybe it's irritation from a pens plug? Has he been grooming himself like normal?
I think so. His still fairly young and mobile and he can clean himself okay. He's eating just fine. He's never been very active but he's not acting out of ordinary. Do you know if I should clean it or apply something to it to sooth it if it's an irritation?

It could also be a UTI (check his urine for blood staining it pink) or a genital myco infection. Put him in a carrier or small hospital cage on white paper towel until he pees and see what you get.

It could also be a UTI (check his urine for blood staining it pink) or a genital myco infection. Put him in a carrier or small hospital cage on white paper towel until he pees and see what you get.
The red faded away after two days. I think he might just injured it

Back