Recipies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

I actually don't have any, but I thought it would be great to have a thread of mixes for our rats. :) Shelagh mentioned what a hit frozen peas are so I'll be trying that as soon as I post this, hehe. Their favourite thing seems to be raw peppers though.

my kiddos LOVE their spinach dinner I make them about once a week.

fresh spinach
cottage cheese
grape nuts cereal
oranges (for the girls)
bananas (for the boys)

their fruit/veggie salad:

just toss bits of every kind of fruit and veggie you have in the house LOL

their Brocolli stuffed Apples:

Cored apples
mix fresh brocolli floweretts with a jar of baby food (any kind) and 12 grain cereal (bulk bin)
stuff the apples and serve

Tuna Surpise:

a can of Tuna or Mackerel
shredded carrots
corn
pineapple
banana or strawberries

Find the Peas:

Canned Pumpkin
Peas
Bananas

Ratty Smoothie:

yogurt
berries (any kind)
peas
oats
ground flax seeds

about the only food my guys do not like are green beans. I like to mix and match things. A lot of times I just toss a bunch of stuff together and serve.

werecatrising said:
I make a casserole type thing I freeze in individual portions. I mix a box of kashi 7 whole grained pilaf, a bag of 13 bean soup mix, a box of veggie pasta, and a can of Evanger's cooked chicken for dogs. I cook all the ingredients separate (except the dog food) and then mix everything up. They love it!

Sometimes I mix the canned nutro healthy choice desserts with oats and whatever fresh fruits I have on hand. That goes over well too.

Most nights they just get some of whatever we have for dinner. They also get a salad in the morning.

Where do you find Evanger's cooked chicken for dogs?

I make these for a treat.

RAT BALLS

1/2 cup pablum or soy milk powder
1 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
Mix well.

Cut in
1/2 cup peanut butter

Add
2/3 cup fruit juice (I use Crystal light in a bottle of water)
Mix well

Make into ball, cover and refrigerate overnite.

Make small balls

OR
Roll out to desired thickness and wrap well.
Refrigerate overnite.
Make baby squares. ( I find this the easiest and fastest to make)

photo_03.jpg

Great recipes, Dan. The Rattie Medley sounds wonderful. I think I'll make it for my insatiable fuzzbutts. :nod:

Good one, Melissa!! :laugh2:

How about frozen delights (except for frozen peas) for ratties, during hot months? My crew is actually getting bored of frozen veggies and are now demanding something different from their cooking-challenged mum.

Back