Ratties new abode.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HugglesBubble

Hey guys! Soooo rats had to go about a day without water (work+school +driving downtown to find a glass bottle because they chewed the plastic one..)

Also. Safety hazard? I'm pretty sure it is. It is ONLY on that top piece though. I ran out of clips lol. Cuteness though with the bottles.

a21c4223584e6fc204e0bbe74af78544.jpg

5dc34c3582ce149c80fa14cce3ba1ef4.jpg
it is tightly coiled around the metal of both the hammock thing that's laying on the platform and the bars of the cage. Its on all four of the pieces. So far, no falls or fear of it but I want your advice. (Please don't hate me for it lol)
c5a20d6041fe0b33c95cdccc1e67592c.jpg

Overall cage!
b7ffa5ab0c9fcc021b409efb0b9c3582.jpg

e0f92dcff9b52a4df597aa457524767a.jpg

Woot!

Last edited:
cute ratties :)

I use water bowls too (cleaned and changed each morning and evening) .... heavy ones they can not upset as well as ones that attach to the side of the cage .... and a couple of water bottles

btw Rats need at least 2 sources of water in their cage because otherwise they can die if something happens to their only source of water, such as water bottles can get clogged or dishes upset ... unfortunately this does happen :(

Last edited:
Nice set up, but watch out for the ropes. I only mention that from experience. We had a ramp from that robe material and found one of our girls hanging upside from a toe nail. No idea how long she was hanging before being rescued.

Back