Rattie boy - snake did not eat him - Saint John NB - GONE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
on kijiji

Snake owner in Saint John NB selling boy that was too big for his snake to eat ..... maybe offer $3 ?
Too bad this poor boy did not kill the snake ……
It must have been terrifying for him to be put into a tank with a huge snake ...…
hopefully he is being cared for because frequently snake owners do not provide rats with food and water

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Feeder Rat or Pet... to big for my snake 10$ firm. Please email [email protected] or reply to this ad directly thank you☺️ .

boy.jpg
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-small-anima...at/1377794495?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

SQ, if you could get the rat, I'm sure that when my friend visits the Maritimes in a couple of months he could bring it back to a rescue in Ontario?

He is in a city over an hour away, and we do not have Uber here. I will look into kijiji rideshare.
Of course if I bring him here I will be exposing my rats to possible infection ….. so I need to find out more

Even the SPCA would be a better place to take him to than having some snake owner pick him up. Are there any neighbors you can trust to look after him for a few days to quarantine him first?

possibly
the SPCA in that area only accepts cats and dogs (and they have a long waiting list) and the 2 SPCAs in my area now refuse to accept small pets, including rats, unless brought in by animal control

Through the help of another rescuer a lady who does animal rescue in NB has been found and she has room for the rat. All we need now is to get someone to pick up the rat from the ad poster and take the rat to this lady who will give it a good home.

After sharing the ad around on Facebook groups, the ad poster contacted me and said that somebody bought the rat as a pet. I hope that is true!

Such a beautiful rat! I realize snakes have to eat but I can’t imagine feeding them rats. I truly hope he got adopted to a good home ♥️

Such a beautiful rat! I realize snakes have to eat but I can’t imagine feeding them rats. I truly hope he got adopted to a good home ♥️

I disagree as snakes are wild animals or captive bred wild animals being imprisoned in captivity and everything about this involves animal cruelty. (Plus you will never hear loving cat owners saying, well snakes have to eat, about snakes being fed kittens so I don't understand why rat owners say it)

and I too feel the same as you …. hope he really did find a good home

Back