RATS available for adoption!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexandraBoo

Just to give you a slight idea of how many rats clark graham has up for adoption right now. keep in mind this is only a mere few that need good forever homes. there are about 60-70 rats that need homes. all well socialized. and of many different variates.

Here are a slight few of the babies he has

S6300863.jpg

S6300862.jpg

S6300849.jpg

S6300842.jpg

S6300841.jpg

Here are some adults he has up for good homes. All are well socialized and sweathearts
Mocha
mocha.jpg

casper
casper.jpg

and a few no names...

simeasegirl.jpg

S6301018-2.jpg

Here are some more ratties needing good forever homes.

S6301082.jpg

Here is sweet magic. one of my personal choices to adopt.
S6301123.jpg

S6301097.jpg

Here is a hooded dumbo, beautiful boy! needs good home!

S6301088.jpg

Tons of himalayans and siamese's need good forever homes.
S6301104.jpg

S6301120.jpg

S6301121.jpg

S6301122.jpg

S6301139.jpg

S6301134.jpg

S6301125.jpg

S6301109.jpg

S6301117.jpg

there are tons of females needing good homes also

S6301131.jpg

S6301144.jpg

S6301145.jpg

S6301153.jpg

S6301163.jpg

S6301164.jpg

S6301166.jpg

S6301167.jpg

SOO MANY you cant keep track of names lol any questions PM me. I will give you Clarks contact info.

Thanks for reading and viewing these little adoptable furries

ANGELS HEART RAT ADOPTION, Moncton n.b Canada.
:) :heart: :heart: :heart: :bliss: :bliss:

PRAY for those who have no home to call their own. :rose2:

DONT buy While Shelter animals DIE :(

OMG!! If I lived closer all my future rats would come from Clark's. They are adorable!

In one of the pics, on the TV, is that my picture of my sweet beautiful white boys from Clark's? :heart:

thanks.... lol i thought i would try and show how many he rats that need homes, its insane...This is only a mere bit of the rats he has up for adoption, there are many dumbo's and hairless's. he has many, russian blues, american blues and rex's The numbers are .... To many to post...

I was hooked after the first picture......my next rats will have to come from Clarks....My hubby and I need a vacation so we could go to NB....while there it would make sense to go to Clarks....LOL hubby will never stand a chance.....

If there were a way to rat train to Winnipeg it would be concievible- in the future- to get ratties from Clark. I wish I were closer :(

linds and i are gonna adopt a couple more soon... we are moving in together in a month and a half when linds finishes school... so once were in our new place and she has a new job.. ya.. we want 2 more girls... but thats our limit...lol.. prolly much easier said than done..but ..ya.. we want two more.. but cant wait! :D wish we could now.. but just not possible :(

Anyone who's planning a road trip to the east coast should keep Angel's Heart in mind and think about starting a rat train!

Dahlas!

I am sure that if good homes were found for quite a few ratties in Ontario, a rat train could be set up. I stopped in at Clark's today, and it is heartbreaking to see all the ratties who will never get forever homes .... Clark does an excellent job but these friendly ratties need the love, attention and care they would recieve in forever homes.

At present there is a local abuse situation concerning a pet store and people are trying to get the cruelty inspector's in there. If the animals are removed, some of the 50 to 60 rats that are in poor condition might be going to Clark's rescue, as he has offered to take some in.

what beautiful rats Clark has!!!! :love6:

What are the chances of Clarks rehoming all his rats? Does he have a website (like the Small Angels Rescue does?).

Can he post them on Petfinders.com???

Surely there must be a way to get homes for all his darlings!

There are very few homes for rats in the maritimes ...
And yes, Clark needs to rehome ALL of the rats except for the few that are his pets.
The only hope is to find good homes and have a rat train.

Clark has a web site but the last time I checked ... it wasn't well designed nor did it have current pics, info on animals available for adoption, etc.
He has not registered with petfinder tho it was suggested a year or so ago.
Clark does not have time to do those things. Nor does he have time to take and post pictures of some of the ratties available for adoption. :(

Clark has empty cages so offers to take in more as he has room and wants to help.
But cage space is only one consideration when taking care of animals.
He does the best he can, better than most of us could ...
He has a good heart and his rats are well socialized.

He also has several degus and a gerbil (my fault).

The situation is not good and is going to get much worse.
Helping with supplies is not the answer, adoptions are.

(Clark also has his own pets to look after - such as several ferrets and rats he has purchased and adopted.)

I believe Clark has a great heart and that he means well but I have been told that he has been buying rats from pet stores......and as I have said before unless he has help there is no way to properly care for over a hundred rats and some other animals.....
You say
Clark does not have time to do those things. Nor does he have time to take and post pictures of some of the ratties available for adoption.

I don't understand how he could not have time....you have to make time for certain things. Running a rescue is alot of work. I have worked at our local shelter for a long time. There are 5 staff members and 7 volunteers......our shelter can hold 10 dogs and 80 cats......and it takes all of us to keep it running....We are totally depended on donations....we get no help from any other organization.....
I do know that it is much easier to get financial and other help from the public for dogs and cats.
Either Clark or someone close to him needs to get a plan in motion or he is going to quickly be at 200+ rats looking for homes.....
I hope this doesn't come off as me putting Clark down because I'm not.
I know he is doing this because he genuinely loves rats but It takes a lot of work to run a rescue.
Look at all the litters that have been successfully adopted in the last few months through this little forum........
Pictures where posted, people offered to drive certain distances....etc....
Maybe someone close could offer to start posting pictures for him...like Alexandra has kindly just done. I would be more then happy to post any pictures that are sent my way.......
But Clark also needs to realize that every shelter, rescue has its limit........
It will be very bad publicity for Clark if things like the rats aren't being looked after properly or that he is buying from pet stores get around.......

This is just my opinion from working in a shelter for so long....it is a lot of advertising, education and work to find these animals good homes......
I know until we can find away to educate the public and to get the pet stores to help that we are probably not going to make a huge difference in the amount of unwanted rats but we have to start somewhere.......

I should add that Clark is also working hard to educate pet store managers and employees so that care of rats will improve in pet stores and so that rats will be separated by sex in the stores.
He has also been engaging in various activities to educate the public about rats as pets, their care, and to promote adoptions from his rescue.

There are no easy answers.
While many rats find homes through this forum and others like it, few of those homes are in the maritimes as there is very little demand for rats as pets. :(

If Clark turns rats away, people will dump them in fields, etc. as there are only two shelters I know of in NB and NS combined, that will take in rats unless they have been found loose outdoors. The Moncton SPCA will take them in but I have been told they charge a $20 drop off fee for each rat .... people will not pay that, nor will they pay to have their unwanted pets euthanized.

Wow. This world needs more people like Clark.
Does he have a website? It might help attract more potential adopters.
I really wish I was closer... does anyone know whether there are any rat trains from New-Brunswick to Quebec?

Back