rat won't eat, getting skinny :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry about Jack. :sad3: Don't beat yourself up, like everyone said, you did all you could. There was no way for you to know that the vet you had lined up would have disappeared when you needed them. :hugs:

Hi I'm just wondering if u could help me I have 2 female rats we went to pick up to females as they said they were female a few days later we realised they were male and they I realised as they were trying to mate with my females ever since we took them back they have been storing food nesting and not eating very much i don' know what to do as I've tried to hand feed them but they eat abit an lose interest

Hi! Can you start a new thread? This one is old and people might not see it and come and help.
How old where the males when you put them in with your females? The males are no longer there? Did you quarantine the males first? Do your females appear to be sick? Are they sleeping more, do they have porphyrin? (red around the eyes and/or nose) Do they make sounds when they breathe? If they are in good health, then it could be your females are missing their new buddies. I'd give them a few more days to adjust. How old are your females?

Back