Rat with pneumonia and mycoplasma need help ASAP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My four year old male rat has pneumonia! He's had it quite some time now. What happened was, my daughter was gifted with this rat by one of her teachers about a year ago. When we got him all we had were guinea pigs. When she cleaned his cage she put in pine bedding and I had no idea. As soon as I found out I took him from her and we have been fighting for his life ever since. He ended up having an allergic reaction to it which escalated into pneumonia and it's so severe he is battling with mycoplasma now. We have been fighting this for about 4 months now! I can't get him to eat or drink anything. I've tried everything I can think of!

I have taken him to the vet hospital twice now and they just keep giving Meloxicam and baytril for him. He isnt getting any better, in fact I think he is getting worse 😭. Idk wat to do. I can't loose him!!!! I love him. He has another apt TMRW at a different hospital. But he is gasping for breath right now and I'm RLY RLY worried the vet prescribed him .05ml baytril twice a day and .05ml Meloxicam once a day. He's been on it for 1 wk now. The first vet prescribed him the same with a little higher of a dose for three days instead of 7. Please please help. Is he going to b ok?

This is all he does and it is so sad seeing him like this 😭.

Attachments

• 1652636074606597616781521531440.jpg
    1652636074606597616781521531440.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 40
Back