Rat Vacation

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitcat920

Hi I am a new rat owner and was wondering if it’s a good idea to bring my rats on vacation. My family and I are going to leave for a week and I was planning on taking my two little ones and their cage. However it is a four hour drive and I have seen mixed opinions on whether or not to bring them. I know they require a lot of attention which is why I don’t think anyone else could handle the job. Please let me know, thank you.

If you can take a large enough cage, with the items they need, keep them at a good temp, keep them safe and are able to access a vet if they become ill, then they will likely be fine.
Over the years other other members of this forum have taken their pet rats on vacation with them, on long trips, or to the cottage without problems.
Otherwise, have someone stay with them, hire a petsitter to come in twice a day, or stay home.
Hope everything works out well
BTW there is anther recent post by a member who went on a 4 day family trip with the ratties called Leaving rats alone for 4 days, advice?

Back