Rat suddenly became lethargic!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacspeed

Hi,

I have 2 rats. Both about 1yr old. I had 3 but one suddenly passed away 3 days ago. He suddenly became limp and unresponsive. Couldnt move other than slightly kicking his back legs. Then today out of no where on of my rats has started doing the same thing. I'm so scared and worried. I've booked him into the vets but its tomorrow afternoon and I don't think he'll make it that long. Does any one know what it might be? Video attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20210830_232052.mp4
    32 MB
2 of them are and 1 isn't. The 2 that passed away weren't related. They both had the same symptoms. We took our last little man to the vet (in place of his brother) just to grt him checked out. The vet watched the video and believes it could be some form of cancer that could have been made worse due to respiratory issues which would result the rapid decline in health.

Very rare at a year old, and completely unrelated. Keep an eagle eye on your last boy is all I can say. I wonder if they developed bacterial meningitis. It spreads through close contact.

There's nothing they could be getting to and eating? seems like he didn't even feel your touch on his back end.. I'm so sorry!

Back