Rat spaying in Kitchener-Waterloo area

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMWF

I'm currently thinking about adopting 2-3 female rats. I've never owned rats before but all of my research on them strongly suggests spaying females because it lessens the chances of them getting tumors down the road so I'd really like to do that if it isn't too cost prohibitive, however, I'm having a heck of a time finding a vet in my area that spays rats. I've messaged multiple only to have them all refer me to Campus Estates in Guelph. I don't own a car so I'd have to get a ride out there and back and then out there again to pick them up and while it's not completely out of the question I'd highly prefer something closer by. I'd read in an older thread here that Mitchell Animal Hospital in Kitchener spays rats and that Dr. Gerald was fantastic with them but I've emailed them and they said they only see cats and dogs so I guess things have changed there over the years? Does anyone know if there are any others that spay rats in the KW area? I'm willing to go to Cambridge or a little outside of KW. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Reading the reviews for Campus Estates now... yikes. I don't think I want go there.

Last edited:
Back