Rat Shack members purchase CN and supplies for SPCA rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will put 20.00 in...just remind me if i forget to do it when i get back... I must get food now ...

Sounds great!!

Now we just need enough to pay for the gas to transport it,
unless someone else can volunteer to pick it up asap before it is sold

Offering another rat pouch

$10 plus shipping - $11.50 within Canada, $12.50 to US

Make payment arrangements w. jorats

6450640653_d3441446eb_m.jpg

6450641251_ab8aa70218_m.jpg

Oh the spca changed their mind about not being able to use the cage? Last I heard it was unsuitable due to the security system and motion sensor and the room the rats are relocated to not being big enough.

xio said:
Oh the spca changed their mind about not being able to use the cage? Last I heard it was unsuitable due to the security system and motion sensor and the room the rats are relocated to not being big enough.

The manager of the SPCA was not aware of what the cage was as she had never seen one.

Once :
- she saw pictures of CNs on my laptop
- we discussed the CN dimensions in relation to a rabbit cage they were using,
- we discussed the features of the cage such as small bar spacing, being on wheels & being easily divided into two seperate cages
- and we discussed the cage in terms of their situation and concerns

She was able to make an informed decision.

The SPCA is looking forward to having a double CN to use with ratties as they wait for their forever homes.

I chipped in a bit. Wish I could do more, but I know every little bit helps. Whats the running total so far compared to the goal? Poor little boos need a happy home!

SQ said:
xio said:

The manager of the SPCA was not aware of what the cage was as she had never seen one.

Once :
- she saw pictures of CNs on my laptop
- we discussed the CN dimensions in relation to a rabbit cage they were using,
- we discussed the features of the cage such as small bar spacing, being on wheels & being easily divided into two seperate cages
- and we discussed the cage in terms of their situation and concerns

She was able to make an informed decision.

The SPCA is looking forward to having a double CN to use with ratties as they wait for their forever homes.

That's awesome SQ! I'm so glad you were able to convince her. The rats will love their new home :joy:

I drove to Moncton and picked up the cage today.
the clean cage .... wasn't ..... so I have a bit of work ahead of me ...
(Pictures once I have time to clean it up.)

:thumbup:

We have reached our goal of getting the cage!
Any extra funds will either help to outfit the cage or purchase rat food.
Those poor little injuried ratties are going to have a good cage to live in while they wait for possible good homes.
So wonderful that we are able to help these ratties in this way.

Thanks to the Rat Shack!!
You are all so awesome!!

:joy:

I have recieved a total of $245 and a 3 Ib bag of oxbow, in donations.

. $ 245.00 - recieved
-
. $ 200.00 - cost of cage
-------------
..$ 45.00 - amount left
-
..$ 39.42 - cost of gas to transport it from Moncton to Fredericton
--------------
..$ 5.58 remaining.

The cage has a couple of accessible rust spots so if it is ok with you,
I will use the $5.42 toward the purchase of nontoxic paint to fix the problem

Is there any way to make a donation by debit card? I really would love to help. I can't donate much at this time but I know every bit counts. I soooooo wish i could adopt one of those babies! It sucks I live in New York at a time like this. If there's ANY way I can help from all the way down here I'd love to. :heart:

Jorats is accepting donations so you might want to pm her.
Thanks for offering to help ... every bit helps a great deal.
I have 4 papers to finish writing this week, and then I will start to clean up the cage.

Back