Rat petition

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered the same thing.

Anyway, thought this was a wonderful idea and thought some people on this forum might be interested in hearing about it .... I found it very interesting. I will be looking forward to seeing what happens. I believe they are giving themselves a year to collect signatures.

I was thinking about the same thing :lol:
I emailed him last night asking if I could use their info and ideas to set up a petition for my hometown. Waiting to hear back.

If a few places passed bylaws like that, it might influence larger changes ... wouldn't that be wonderful!

It would be a lot of work but it is good to have a dream ...

They are in my top friends on MySpace, and they were one of the first friends that I found there.
We have been back a forth a number of times there, the whole group of them at the rescue make such an incredible and tremendous effort for rats and other animals, especially when it comes to petstores.
They posted that petition in a bulletin there a while ago. They really know their stuff, they are the perfect group to approach.

Just as a footnote, I noticed that Doug has joined the forum under DougsRats (hello Doug, nice to see you here!) so you can ask him questions about it directly.

I'm not a part of myspace. But I'm not sure if my sig would matter. Anyhow, since Ontario banned pitbulls, how hard could it be to do this here too? (I do not support the "pit bull" ban, just had to make that clear) Anyhow, I think at least the GTA should ban the sale of live feeders. As should everywhere else.

Sorry for :threadjacked:

The only problem I can fore see with that is then what do the snakes eat? I mean fair is fair and while I LOVE my rats and could NEVER in a million years feed a snake live food most snakes will not take frozen/thawed food (hence why I do not have snakes). They are predators and pretty much wild animals. Having a thawed whatever dangeled in front of them is not them hunting. I know it sucks but it is how snakes are. Some snakes will starve themselves before eating frozen/thawed food. Plus you have to take into account that on a nutritional value frozen food is missing a large amount of what the snakes and what not need to survive. I guess my point is if I am going to say how bad it is to feed a rat KayTee then I can't say anything about what other animal owners feed their pets. But kudos to them for trying at least!

Actually that is wrong Stephanie almost ALL snakes can be taught to eat frozen...most pet stock (not taken from wild) are brought up on this.

A lot of owners say its impossible but speak to OdysseyDesign, she actually takes in rescue snakes, and she knows her stuff.

I signed it! And personalized it. :)

What a wonderful idea Holly!!! If you need help, I am sooo IN!

Back