rat not pooping after surgery??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabellapauline

my sweet little daisy who’s just over a year old just got a mammary tumor removed yesterday morning. she’s doing really good now and is starting to seem like her old self again. but the kicker is she hasn’t pooped since she went under. she hasn’t pooped since yesterday now and it’s starting to worry me. she didn’t fast before going under, and since she’s came home she’s been eating and drinking nonstop. is this normal and should i be worried? (UPDATE: she actually ended up pooping a little bit!!)

Last edited:
I'm glad your Daisy is doing great! Good luck to her and well wishes that no more tumors come back! But, she may be constipated. Trying giving her canned pumpkin, a tiny bit of olive oil, or a few grains of Epsom salt dissolved in water. I don't quite know the anatomy of females (only have had males) and you may be able to feel if there's any poo in her still.

But now that's she pooped, she may not necessarily need these.

Some may recommend massaging her, but I worry with her incision and whether or not that could cause discomfort to her.

Back