The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomixiu

Hi guys,

I have a 1 year and 8 months old rat who just started suddenly limping in one foot today, which is super weird because compared to his brother, he's the crazy, running active one always. Yesterday he was perfectly fine, ran around, climbed on stuff etc. Today, I saw him limping his right foot, trying to scratch himself but foot would go soft or not reach. He's still able to move it but is just dragging it as he tries to walk.
He's eating well, drinking well, sleeping well. I did an examination, tried to touch his little foot up, no pain, no squeaking. No signs of bumble-foot, his foot isn't swollen at all and he doesn't mind me touching it but its still soft and not too responsive compared to before.

I'm scared this could be something more serious than a sprain but I know hind leg degeneration is progressive, and this just happened from one day to another. I know the vet won't do anything and just advice me to let him rest and heal himself, especially since there's no pain and he doesn't jump from high places, just runs around the room usually. Not sure what to do now, he really seems fine in general so I hope he will get better in a few days, but any advice would help immensely :(

Photos of the foot/a video of him moving could help people here determine what's going on !

Photos of the foot/a video of him moving could help people here determine what's going on !
I don't have one and I can't take one because whenever hes free roaming he's not moving much, just chilling around :( he's still using his foot, just minimal pressure on it. still scratches himself with it and standing on it, and doesn't drag it behind him like he would if he was paralysed for example, if this makes sense? i hope it's nothing serious and he just sprained it while playing the other day.

its identical to this pic i found minus the swelling and redness, which he doesn't have at all

Attachments

• 314859_3937592730167_1287204151_n.jpg
    314859_3937592730167_1287204151_n.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 70
How is he doing right now? My girl is having same problem since last saturday which was her mammary tumor and ovariectomy surgery day

Back