Rat knuckling one paw

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallis

My older male Pudgy has started to knuckle with only one front paw. I don’t know how old he is because he’s a rescue but I’d assume one and a half to two years old. I think he’s closer to two. It’s only when he’s laying down, and he can eat perfectly fine with it at the moment. I haven’t noticed him walking weird and he seems to put pressure on it. It also doesn’t usually knuckle when he walks. I noticed that he has two small cuts on his toes on that paw so I don’t know if he was dragging it at some point or what. They’re very small and don’t seem to be causing him pain. I’m concerned because there’s no sign of injury or anything but I’ve been looking at signs of pituitary tumors and he doesn’t seem to have the symptoms (at least at the moment). He’s been sleeping more but he is getting older. He might also be depressed because his cage mates passed away and he won’t accept the other boys I have now so I’m concerned about him getting sick because he’s depressed. Does anyone know what could be causing the knuckling?

Back