Rat is going grey from stress/being sick or is it just a normal process?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litvinod

IMG_20200701_131231.jpg

Hi Guys, just general question. My baby rat is nearly 3 months old ( around 10-11 weeks now) and he started getting grey/white hair all over his back. I havent noticed the same kind of change with my previous rat who was also grey/black in colour but we adopted him at later stage of his life. I am just curious whether it's a normal process for them to change the colour of their fur or it's smth to be concerned about ( maybs he is sick or stressed?) as this is quite extreme change in colour.

Last edited:
He's just going through a baby molt.! Some rats don't change at all while others change a ton.! People have had babies born with husky marking but when they were adults they were almost completely white.! I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as they aren't showing any signs of illness or stress.

My baby girl (Fudge) seems to be changing her coat as well. From what I’ve read she’s just moulting, but I thought I’d attach a picture just in case someone is also as worried as I am 🤗image.jpg pardon the dirty food bowl, they made a mess of it 🙈

Back