Rat infestation

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerRandy

Greetings! I have pet rats, but I must be honest. Initially I had purchased a rat because it was feeding day for my Savu python. The snake wasn't ready to eat that day so I held on to the rat like I always do but for some reason I started handling the rat and noticing that it was sorta taking to me like a puppy and it wasn't trying to bite me. I always thought that rats bite. I decided to keep it as a pet and after some reading I learned that I'd need a second rat since they're social animals so I purchased another female, what harm can two females do? .... Unless one of them is already pregnant. Yep, ten days after the second purchase I was gifted with ten more. lol.... I decided to raise all ten, and what a treat that was. They got big, especially the boys, one of them weighs more than two pounds. It's the fattest rat I've ever seen. These are such amazing pets. They have a couple of years on them now, and sadly we lost three over the winter but the 9 remaining continue to keep the family entertained and they're so gentle. Here's a pic of the girls, the tan one was the lucky one who was spared and got us into rats.....
Rats.jpg

What sweethearts! You have a lovely bunch of fuzzies.

Just out of curiosity, does the one front and centre have a mammary tumor of some sort? Our old man Baloo had something like that near the end of his life.

This is an older pic, three of our females did have tumors but we had them removed. We had another tumor show up on another one of the females, haven't had it removed yet.

Biggest boy I ever had was 810.7 grams, and I've had over 60, so that's a mighty big boy!
Kisses to your tan girl for changing your perceptions of ratties and teaching you the joy of rat-love! They are Amazing little entities when given a chance to be really Seen, eh?
And Welcome to you and your precious mischiefs!

I can just picture the big potato cleaning himself. It’s like when heavily pregnant women use their bellies as tables for drinks and plates. Lol!

A few weeks ago, I had bought 2 rats, they are really intelligent, adorable, and they have a good relationship with us and they need really high maintenance. But, a few days ago I had found out that they were dealing with mite infestation. They were doing itching and started scratching their skin. I had used all natural methods to get rid of mites from rats, but still, some skin infection is getting occur. I had also gone through with clinically where doctors had observed and described how severe the infestation is. On the recommendation of a doctor, I had called up a pest exterminator to exterminate mites by using natural products which was very much effective and provided the best treatment to our rats to keep them happy and lively.

I'm way late to this thread, but welcome to rat owning, OP! Bunch of cuties you got there! I love when rats sleep in huge piles. I hope everything is going well almost a year later.

A few weeks ago, I had bought 2 rats, they are really intelligent, adorable, and they have a good relationship with us and they need really high maintenance. But, a few days ago I had found out that they were dealing with mite infestation. They were doing itching and started scratching their skin. I had used all natural methods to get rid of mites from rats, but still, some skin infection is getting occur. I had also gone through with clinically where doctors had observed and described how severe the infestation is. On the recommendation of a doctor, I had called up a pest exterminator to exterminate mites by using natural products which was very much effective and provided the best treatment to our rats to keep them happy and lively.
Did you use kitten revolution? A lot of members on here would recommend that for treating mites.

Back