Rat docs in Central PA?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rataganza

I recently moved to central Pennsylvania, and I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for exotic vets? So far, I've visited one in Altoona, and I have an appointment for one in State College later today. Coming from Wyoming, I am finding their door fees to be absolutely outrageous, but I'd gladly pay if I knew they were competent. The one in Altoona, Lakemont Vet Clinic, was alright, but they didn't take my boy's injury very seriously, and now he's been spot bleeding for a month from the same wound. So, I'll give State College a try and see if they will take it seriously. I have an older rat and two not-quite yearlings, and I'd really like to find a vet I felt cared enough about them to spend more than a rushed 5 minutes with them when they have problems.

Bit late responding but I'm curious what vet you saw in State College? I'm in State College too and have just gotten back into having rats. I have heard that All Pets Vet Clinic on College Ave. is good and they seem to have a lot of experience with unique pets!

Back