Rat behavior explanation needed!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lured momma rat off the nest with some food and tried to do a quick count, it looks like there's 8-10 babies in there. Hopefully later on she'll move off the nest more and I'll be able to get an accurate count and check them all out.

Ha, it's so funny. Everything is quiet in the cage, then momma rat moves and all you can here is 'SQUEAKSQUEAKsqueakSQUEAKsqueakSQUEAKSQUEAK' all the babies cry at once and it's just crazy. And outragously cute sounding. :D

So I managed to get a count, and there's 10 baby rats! Mamma rat spent a good 20 minutes building the nest back up after I destroyed it trying to count the babies, so I'm going to wait a bit before I disturb her again to take pictures.

The other girly is quite fat too, so I'm sure I'll have even more babies soon.

I'll take pictures tomorrow. She's got such an elaborate nest I don't want to keep tearing it down, she'll have to spend another hour building it back up.

But I will get you guys pictures of all the little pinkies, don't worry! :lol:

Horrible quality picture, but... babies!

babies009.jpg

I think I've fixed my other camera, the one that actually has flash, so hopefully I can get better pictures tomorrow.

Back