Ran out of rat food

Discussion in 'Diet' started by _ratowner, Jan 11, 2019.

Help Support Rat Shack Forum by donating:

1. Jan 11, 2019 #1

_ratowner

_ratowner

_ratowner

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have run into a situation. I give my boys Oxbow brand adult rat food and I noticed that I was getting low so I went to the shop to go buy more but they are out. When asked, the worker said that they won't be getting any for about a week and a half from today (January 11th, 2019) and I only have about a days worth left. I am not able to get anymore until Wednesday I think and it is currently Friday. I was wondering if there is anything else that I can feed them in the mean time. I do have left over baby rat food but they don't like it since I switched to adult food and I don't want to have to go backwards and go back to feeding them food that isn't fit for them. I understand that too much vegetables with most likely give them problems like diarrhea so I don't want to do that for the time being. All help and responses are appreciated.

2. Jan 11, 2019 #2

SQ

SQ

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals

a variety of the following:
    cooked whole grains such as real oatmeal, 12 grain hot cereal, cooked quinoa, etc
    a variety of vegs such as cooked squash, cooked sweet potato, carrots, frozen/thawed peas, broccoli, baby kale, mixed greens, etc
    homemade vegetable and lentil soup

nothing with added sugar, added salt or added fat, organic foods if possible

3. Jan 22, 2019 #3

_ratowner

_ratowner

_ratowner

UPDATE:
    sorry, I totally forgot to reply back.
    I was able to feed my boys an assortment of foods such as kale, carrots, broccoli, and peas among others until I was able to buy them their regular food. Thank you for your input, it helped me out a lot.

SQ likes this.
  4. Jan 22, 2019 #4

SQ

SQ

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals

thank you for the update, glad everything worked out ok