Ralphie's integration is going well

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
I took Ralphie in back in April. I was told that he was 2 years old and had always lived alone in a very small aquarium on pine shavings, with water and a food dish. No toys, hammock, etc. :(

After being quarantined for a month and treated for mites and a respiratory infection, Ralphie was adopted out, along with two baby boys to a wonderful family. The family was unable to integrate Ralphie in with the young boys. Ralphie started biting so I reclaimed him.

Ralphie soon stopped biting me but was still very aggressive toward other ratties so he was neutered a few weeks ago.

Now Ralphie is being integrated in with my large group of 8 ratties. They range in age from 2 years 3 months (Noah) to 6 months (Ruthie).

Oct3Ralphieintegrationinplaypen1.jpg

It is going well ... I think Ralphie will be moving into the monster martins with the others this weekend.

Oct3Ralphieintegrationinplaypen2.jpg

(clockwise staring with the large hoodie) Ralphie, Jonathan, Marsha, David, Noelle, Noah, Charlotte, Ruthie (behind the others), & Leah

It is so nice when things work out 8)

That is great news, and especially heart warming because of his solitary life before he was with you. Great job!

That is great news!! Ralphie was very lucky to have found you! He'll be a very happy rat for the rest of his life! :urock: :kisses:

Wonderful news!! Ralphie is a huge sweetheart!! I took care of him for a week and, if I didn't already have more rats than I could handle, Ralphie would have stayed with me for good!

Back