Question about bedding

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirby

So as far as I can remember I've had my girls on fleece liners, and recently started sewing them with uhaul pads which I find work wonderful. And while I don't see myself really making a switch, I was curious about something.

I've noticed a lot of people lining their cages with bedding like yesterday's news. And I was just curious, do you line their Litter box with the same thing? Does it not confuse the rats? Or do you use a different kind of Litter? I use it for my girls Litter boxes, so I was just kind of curious of that.

I only use unscented yesterdays news in the liter boxes
But I have read that the material in the litter boxes needs to be different then that used for bedding
Personally I would not use yesterdays news as bedding in the cage as it looks uncomfortable to be and more importantly it gets "dusty" after getting wet

I only use unscented yesterdays news in the liter boxes
But I have read that the material in the litter boxes needs to be different then that used for bedding
Personally I would not use yesterdays news as bedding in the cage as it looks uncomfortable to be and more importantly it gets "dusty" after getting wet
That's what I thought! It certainly doesn't seem like it'd be very comfy. But yeah, I do the same for my girls, and they always seemed to catch on fast. :)

Back