Purina Garden Recipe Rat & Mouse Diet

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temblabamomo

Ma saw this in a Petsmart the other day:
http://www.purinasmallanimal.com/Ratsan ... fault.aspx

I believe this is different from the Purina Rat Chow of the past that had 22% protein. This stuff is 16%. I've never seen/heard of it before. Any nutriontionists care to review the numbers and offer an opinion?

I'm happy with buying Oxbow from my vet and don't buy from Petsmart anyway, but I'm curious if this is a possible substitute food for those rare moments of "omg I forgot to order food and the vet is closed until Monday" moments. I'm also just curious to know if it's decent, because Petsmart has always carried crappy rat food but recently started carrying Oxbox, which is a small step in a better direction. It would be nice to see them stocking more than one kind of decent food.

It does sound pretty good. It is a mix so there's that going against it but if you had nothing else to feed, then it would be an acceptable choice.

BTW, love the good tips Purina has on their website for the rats and mice. Recommending vets and such. Nice.

It does look like a mix
but I just love their hooded fawny rat pictured on the food's page (look's like my Aili), guess I have a soft spot for hooded fawn's to now!

As others mentioned, it is a mix :(
so not that good ....

On those rare occassions when I run out of Harlan for a day or 2, I feed cooked organic grains (such as quinoa) and lots of vegs.
I would caution against supporting stores that sell animals ... but that is my bias and not what you were asking.

Back