Puffed up fur?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

My little girl Annabelle has puffed up fur. Randomly. She's very active. Eating and drinking normally. No symptoms of being unwell. This happened last night and within a few hrs it was normal again but she's about 13 months old & this has never happened up until yesterday. What could be causing this??

Attachments

• Snapchat-804764001.jpg
    Snapchat-804764001.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Snapchat-1720914218.jpg
    Snapchat-1720914218.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 286
Mine do this when they are unhappy with me or one of their cagemates for something, and when they are cold. I know they do it for these reasons, if they aren't sick. You could always put their sides to your ears (ratphone) and check for noisy breathing. But sometimes they have a bad day like we do, and will puff up temporarily.

Yes Dena, that could be the case actually. There has been a lot of squealing between the girls tonight (I have 3)...one of them in particular I've seen her have a go at a few times tonight so maybe it's a bit of aggression/stress. I'm hoping. I had them all on Baytril last week for sneezing and it's completely settled down.

Back