PT or inner ear infection?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkl722

Hi all, I am new to the group so please let me know if I'm violating any rules. But my 1 1/2 year old female is having difficulty walking, head tilt, lots of porphyrin discharge, rough fur, loss of mobility in front and hind legs, and heavy wheezing starting about 48 hours ago. I took her into the vet yesterday who said it was an URI and inner ear infection to be treated with antibiotics. However, her rescue organization foster strongly believes it is a pituitary tumor. Does anyone have experience with or know the difference between the two symptom wise? I know they are to be treated differently. She has be on antibiotics for about 2 days now but does not seem to be getting better. Probably worse even. Please any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

The best thing right now would be to take a video of her and post it on YouTube then link it here. That will help people like lilspaz help you.

If it's a severe head tilt it's more likely to be inner ear infection.
A video will help us help you figure out which though.
Antibiotics take 4-5 days before you see improvements. What antibiotics did they give you?

Back