Possibly pregnant rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayyd23

So I adopted two babies last week and were told both were males. One was a little too squirmy for me to get a good look at so I took the mans word. Now it’s a week later and they trust me a bit more and I finally got a really good look at both of them. Well, one of my little buddies was NOT a boy. They are approximately 6-7 weeks old. Im not sure how long they were housed together before I got them but they have been together with me for the week. I now have them separated and am monitoring the female for signs of pregnancy. I feel bad as now both of my little babies are alone, but if she’s pregnant I don't want to risk introducing a new rat to her. But on the chance she’s not, I don’t wanna leave her with the male and risk it either.
I’ve never had this issue before as I have only owned female rats until this point and never had the risk of males interacting with them. NowI really just don’t know what to do but want to do what’s beat for both my babies.

If you have a scale start weighing baby girl daily at the same time. With babies it can be hard to figure out if weight gain is just a baby growing or pregnancy weight BUT with daily weights you will see patterns and see when your baby starts to really gain weight.
Rats gestation is only 3 weeks so you can use this time to bond with your new girl.

Back