Possible pyometra or UTI in elderly doe

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattoPazzo

Hi,
my my 2.7 old un-spayed rat with somewhat advanced HLD has been acting sluggish as of late. On Friday she began to refuse free roam time and started to eat end drink less. She has had moments like this in the last few months so I didn't worry too much immediately. On Sunday nothing had improved and on Monday, so yesterday, I decided to try and give her a week of antibiotic. As I was piking her up I noticed some unpleasant discharge around her vagina. I called my vet and told mi to absolutely go ahead with the ab and booked me in for a echography.

So, now she is on enrobactin (same as bytril), no pain meds at the moment, and I'm keeping her clean by washing the discharge twice a day and changing her nesting material frequently.
She has refused to drink but eats enthusiastically, but is peeing a lot and pooping very little. Up until she started to feel bed she was keeping herself clean, but now it takes a lot of effort. There is no blood.

Is there a possibility that it might just be a UTI and the discharge is actually just pee?

I'm very scared for my baby, she was so energetic still, I was totally unprepared

PS. This is the imagine I sent the vet. the blush area is a mass that turned like that a few weeks ago. We feared it could be carcinoma but the x-ray came out clear. It might be pressing on her organs and causing this.
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-30 at 20.30.50.jpeg

Back