Possible ear infection?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fantastic. Getting better is the best sign we all want to see. And you pretty much did the best there was to do.
Yeah, it's been a hard week of little sleep, trying to give her water every few hours hahaha.
Is she still taking antibiotics?
yes, and she well be for at least 5 more days. today was the first day where I didn't see and pus! she probably is cleaning it, but still, I think it's a good sing!

I also find out something interesting. I went to get more ab. and asked the pet pharmacist why it might be that she isn't drinking. When I told him that she had pyometra he told me that it could be normal as the illness makes you drink more in the first fase when the pus is forming. after it's like the rat has drank too much and and has no interest in water until she gets better. in most cases this is after surgery, I would assume, but in Tamira's case this will be when the infection is gone.

Yeah, it's been a hard week of little sleep, trying to give her water every few hours hahaha.

yes, and she well be for at least 5 more days. today was the first day where I didn't see and pus! she probably is cleaning it, but still, I think it's a good sing!

I also find out something interesting. I went to get more ab. and asked the pet pharmacist why it might be that she isn't drinking. When I told him that she had pyometra he told me that it could be normal as the illness makes you drink more in the first fase when the pus is forming. after it's like the rat has drank too much and and has no interest in water until she gets better. in most cases this is after surgery, I would assume, but in Tamira's case this will be when the infection is gone.
That's something interesting indeed, coming from an apparently knowledgeable guy. Have you taken enough sleep already?:)

yes, it's very interesting.

yes, I now have an almost normal sleeping schedule hahaha
Tamira is still sleeping with me and some nights she is very cuddly and will sleep curled up next to me. she also has her sputnik if she wants to have her privacy. she is still not drinking but she sometimes seams interested in the water bottle... fingers crossed 🤞

That's great. She's so sweet and seems to be doing just fine. How do you make her drink?

I'm giving her water with a syringe. We do a bit at a time and I try to mix in a few flavorful things to make the process less stressful, but she dose not always cooperate. It's not the ideal thing to stress her out every day but until she starts to drink on her own again I'm forced to do it like this. That being said, she still looks for me at night to cuddle and get worm and a second after putting her down she goas to eat, so I don't think she is as traumatized by the whole thing as she wants you to think... 😅

Back