Possible bumble foot, unsure

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayli

hello everyone, I’m a new rat owner and I’m having some trouble figuring out if one of my baby’s (spunk) has bumble foot or not
Any information will be greatly appreciated
I’ve attached a photo of his not so little feet AE411C43-CBFD-4ACF-AA8D-4A5CD3065F03.jpeg
AE411C43-CBFD-4ACF-AA8D-4A5CD3065F03.jpeg

All I have to say is that isn't Bumble... I had a rat with the same exact thing and I had her put down in the end... PLEASE get him to a vet ASAP and try to stop this in its tracks. My vet couldn't figure it out but had suspected it might be a bone infection... I made a post about it as well and my baby girl had all her feet effected, toes swollen, scabs on her feet... She lost most of her nails and ended up trying to rip the scabs off so that's when I put her down... I wish you great luck and I sincerely hope he makes it...

how old is your rat? Is that a baby? If its a baby its probably normal pads on the sole of the feet. Bumblefoot is a sore that develops on the heel in older rats.

how old is your rat? Is that a baby? If its a baby its probably normal pads on the sole of the feet. Bumblefoot is a sore that develops on the heel in older rats.
They both have it and they’re just turned 3 months old! Do you think it’s still because they’re still young? Thank you so much my minds at a little more ease

All I have to say is that isn't Bumble... I had a rat with the same exact thing and I had her put down in the end... PLEASE get him to a vet ASAP and try to stop this in its tracks. My vet couldn't figure it out but had suspected it might be a bone infection... I made a post about it as well and my baby girl had all her feet effected, toes swollen, scabs on her feet... She lost most of her nails and ended up trying to rip the scabs off so that's when I put her down... I wish you great luck and I sincerely hope he makes it...
I’m so sorry to hear about your experience but Thank you so much for your reply, I actually think it’s just there feet pads but I’m not willing to take any risks, I’ll be taking them both to the vet ASAP thank you so much!

Attachments

• 252156BD-0390-44F7-87E5-862A0D1CDAD2.jpeg
    252156BD-0390-44F7-87E5-862A0D1CDAD2.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 321
The lighting was kinda bad in the photo so it's highly possible--I just wanted to warn you in case.!

Back