Poor Hestia-couple of videos added...stubborn happy gal :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guess what? I can be a nervous rat mom too, very normal when its something you haven't experienced before that is happening to our babies.

My gut says its getting better but I would like "expert" opinions please?

Hestiatumourday5.jpg

Hestiatumourday52.jpg

Hestiatumourday53.jpg

And to purge the ucky image out of your heads....
Hestiaislookingmuchbrighteronday5.jpg

jorats said:
Oh dear... It's almost like you could reach in there and yank the bad gunky out. :(

And that last pic...you're making me cry!!

Actually what it looks like now is exactly like Beni's abscess, its muscle or tissue not gunk there, and it seems to be healing towards the surface. She is much more content and not picking at it incessantly. She is eating well, pooping, her eyes are even brighter, and she is licking and loving again.

Dare I hope??

lilspaz68 said:
Dare I hope??
Dare you fail to hope?
Perhaps she's being her own doctor and cleaning out the bad stuff so she can heal? Some kids seem to have more instinct about self-preservation than others, some probably know more than we do.

What a beautiful little face!

Fidget said:
lilspaz68 said:
Dare I hope??
Dare you fail to hope?
Perhaps she's being her own doctor and cleaning out the bad stuff so she can heal? Some kids seem to have more instinct about self-preservation than others, some probably know more than we do.

What a beautiful little face!
I can't agree with this more! I'm glad to hear she is doing ok.

How she doing today? Still perky and trying to instigate the others? :D

That pic looks much better than the first one, looks like she has been working on cleaning it out.

The hope is stopping now. We are on "sniff, cry and wait" now. :sad:

How much longer? That tumor wants out and I don't have the money (and now the vet) to oblige it. :(

HestiastumourJuly28.jpg

Oh Shelagh, that looks nasty. :(

Does Hestia appear to be in pain?? At this point I think it is only going to continue to get worse, not better. Personally I would probably euthanize rather than watch it continue to ulcerate further and further... but I know others are better in dealing with things right until the end.

Poor, poor Hestia. I hope you are feeling okay little girl. *heart emoticon here*

Oh no, I'm sorry Shelagh :( Poor Hestia, thats painful to look at. Is it possible it's going to come out on it's own? I've never seen something like that before, so I'm not really sure what is going on. Sending hugs and best wishes!

If only she would act sick or in pain...would make my decision so much easier...but nope, she is not going to oblige. I have seen her in pain so I know what it looks like. She just wants to run around on the floor and get fed lots of treats. :(

Dang silly girl. :cry:

Shelley said:
I've never seen something like that before, so I'm not really sure what is going on. Sending hugs and best wishes!

As the tumour continues to grow it actually breaks down epithelial cells that make up the skin, until it becomes completely ulcerated like Hestia's is now. This leaves the body open for secondary infections to set in, as well as blood loss that can eventually be fatal.

Ah, thanks Lise. I'm used to tumors underneath the skin that are still covered, I've never seen an ulcerated one before.

Back