Pleased about my Teagan's progress

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

I adopted Teagan, who has a permanent head tilt from an ear infection that didn't get treated until SQ rescued her. Her balance wasn't great, and she gained weight from being less active than her more agile cage mates.

But she is a sweet and very determined girly. I decided to be very careful about treats and to give her more chances to climb. I put a wooden arch in te playpen near the igloo so that she could get up in the hammocks with her buddies.

It seems to be working. She loves the big wheel in the playpen, and she is more active. And, last night, ---- drumroll here---- she climbed up the side of the playpen to go back home! I was so excited for her.

It's always nice to read of ratties health improvements, I've never had experience with a rattie with head tilt but I can imagine the struggles they have. Go Teagan, hope she continues to get better mobility.

I adopted her late last year, and she is now probably 18 months or so. I think that her tilt has decreased a little and she may have lost a little weight. She never used to be able to clb the side of the playpen. Once she started using the big wheel and trying hard to follow her lively little cagemates, she really made big strides. She does love food, though, so keeping her portions moderate has helped.

Back