PLEASE HELP!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratattack0621

One of my rats has developed reddish crusties around her eyes and nose, and is now squeaking while breathing. I suspect that it is an UR infection and I lost one of my first rats to one so I am reaching out for help before it is too late. I am also curious as to if this could be anything else. She is still eating normally and seems to be acting the same otherwise. I got her several months ago and her transition has been great, she gets along wonderfully with my other female rat (who seems to be perfectly healthy). How can I treat this and make her the most comfortable? Are there any meds that I can administer to her? I've read that humidifiers and warm steam can help her, has anybody tried this? I am willing to try anything so any advice is wonderful and deeply appreciated.

(Please excuse the wire platforms, their new padding arrives later today.)

This would probably be a UR infection or a respiratory sickness. From what I've heard fish mox is a good treatment for this although if able to I would suggest seeing a vet before giving your rat any medicine.

Back