Please help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Courtney Renae

I’m fairly new to being a rat parent and need help with one of my female rats. I first got a pair of female rats about a month or so and they were about 4-6 months old. One of my rats, named Polly, was very social right away and is just the best. But my other rat, Molly, became sick and bit the heck out of my hang making me bleed and honestly, kind of scared of her. Sadly Molly passed away and I had to get another rat. My new rat, Margret, about the same age as Polly, gets along with Polly super well, but she’s always biting at everything when I’m around her and because of what happened with Molly, I’m kind of scared to try and hold her because I feel like she’s going to bite me. I know it’s really dumb to be scared but I just can’t help it! I’ve tried feeding her out of my hand to get her to trust me, but every time I put my hand up to her without food she goes to bite me. I’m not really sure what to do...

Back